Sunday, December 4, 2011

I


 am always a work in progress. My wire sculpting is most definitely a direct expression of myself. I started attempting to make jewelry at six years old. No one I knew did. But they taught me embroidery work, sewing, crochet, and knitting. Yes, those things also show up in my work. Then working as finish carpenter, cake decorator, and painter have all contributed to my designs.
At the Denver Gem Show a lovely man showed me how to do a basic wrap on my first boulder opal. (Long-time rock hound) The first piece I ever did was another boulder opal. It still hangs around my neck today. Some where between the beads, rock hounding and wire I just can't resist the art form. I started wire wrapping in my 20s. Now in 40s, I am no longer a wire wrapper, I am a wire sculptor.

No comments:

Post a Comment